Our Five Commitments
At Central Church of Christ, our plan for helping you develop into a faithful disciple of Jesus is to cultivate a thriving environment that will help you mature and grow. In order for us to fulfill our commitment to you, we ask that each member carry out the following five commitments.
1. Discover Your Role in the Kingdom.
I Pet. 4:10 – As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another, as good stewards of the grace of God. God wants to use you for His glory. We ask that you do the following:
- Prepare for a discipleship journey; not a destination.
- Commit to the never-ending work of discovering and developing your God-given talents and use to them for God's glory.
2. Connect To God and Others.
God created us for community. We believe it is essential that everyone be engaged in a genuine connection to God and people through the following ways:
- Be present for each of our weekly Sunday morning worship services, as we come together as God's family.
- Be an active participant in our Sunday and Wednesday Bible Classes
- Plug in to one of our Small Groups
- We also offer a Thursday Morning Class and a Wednesday Men's Breakfast Study
3. Serve Others.
Jesus’ desire is to create a church culture where service becomes a lifestyle. We were created for good works (Eph. 2:10). So, because serving others helps restore hearts, relationships, and communities, we ask that every member commit to one of the following methods of service:
- Pillar Groups – Join and actively support (Worship, Evangelism, Service, Fellowship, Education).
- Prison Ministry
- Community Service
- Serve your neighbors, friends and family
4. Give generously to God.
It’s our belief that every good and perfect gift comes from God. Everything belongs to God. We give of our time, talents and finances because we have been given the greatest gift – Jesus.
- Give during our weekly offering or online
- Give your time, your attention, your encouragement to others. This is the essence of discipleship!
5. Go help people see Jesus!
Sundays motivate and encourage us to live faithfully every other day of the week. Our worship together recharges our spiritual-battery. Jesus says, “Go into all the world,” and we believe He meant just that. We ask every member to find ways to be a devoted family member in your home, a faithful neighbor in your neighborhood, the model employee in your workplace, and a light in the world wherever else you may GO!
"Let the beauty of Jesus be seen in me."